Monday, July 23, 2012

Hello Productivity!: Sleepless

"Sleepless" Graphite + Watercolor on Watercolor paper. 12" x 12"  (c) Trisha Salonga
I was practicing for my upcoming thesis that is why I decided to make one yesterday. Okay, every element in this drawing has meaning. I shall explain it here:


  • Circle - We're running in circles. Endless cycle. Of life. Your decision making. Consistent in inconsistency.
  • Small branches - Representation of the good memories, the girl is stuck in the situation, she cannot move forward.
  • Owl - Night. Night is my partner. Night is my witness. 
  • Blue background - I'm feeling blue. Also, mid-darkness.
  • Colorless hair - Hair is a sign of vanity. I took away the vanity from this girl. Being selfless and giving.
  • Green eyes - Envy. Green with envy, but pretending not to care.
  • Tears on the right eye - Sadness. She's sad but as much as possible she's trying not to show it to people.
  • Expressionless Face - Immunity.


So, hahaha, instead of posting a status update in Facebook, I channel my emotions by creating something new or being productive. The current state that I'm in--inspired me to do this.

That's the weird thing about me, whenever I get sad/mad I produce good art. I don't know why.

I hope you like it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment